[squeak-dev] LGPL considered crippling license :)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Sep 26 15:22:14 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Igor" == Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> writes:

Igor> P.S. i found it a very good sign, that more and more open-source
Igor> communities gradually moving towards more permissive license, as MIT
Igor> is.

As I've often said, with licensing, people just want permission to do what
they would have done anyway.  MIT-style licenses allow people who want to
share to do that in the open, instead of share in secret.  GPL licenses merely
force some kinds of sharing to be done in secret, and we lose out on that.