[squeak-dev] Re: New Collections modifications in the inbox

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 06:44:26 UTC 2009

Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> Merge the packages in the following order:

Phew. That was quite a bit but it's done now. Thanks for the load order.

> I'm about to upload 3 more packages to the inbox, that's 15 packages to
> merge (some of them have conflicts).

When you do this, can you update your image before applying the changes?
I had to do some "pseudo-merges" (i.e., manually installing the patches
and ignoring its history) since MC for some reason considered the
changes to be conflicts. It would be good if we could avoid this going
forward.

> If mc would have a more predictable load order for methods, like - add
> all, change all, remove all - then it would be easier to package similar
> changes.

Yeah, I did a small change that helps with that but I think we do need
atomic install for methods. Having just spend some time in the relevant
methods I actually think that's not too hard to do but it'll require
some testing. The good news is I have some good test candidate packages
to try ;-)

Thanks for all your work, and keep it coming!

Cheers,
   - Andreas