[squeak-dev] Re: Cobalt VR Meetup follow-up

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 05:19:30 UTC 2010

That would be great. I'll be posting the announcement about it 6 May. If the
day comes and you have any questions about how to proceed, please feel free
to email me directly.

Cool Cobalt World? I don't have one. I have a default space that looks like
the holodeck at night on the Enterprise. Cobalt also comes with a very
beautiful world. I got ribbed once for not interior decorating. But then I
go and put a floating triangle in my holodeck, and people can't join my
space. Seems you need to use 3D Studio Max or Sketchup or something to add
stuff to the world. You don't need a cool world.

Windows 7 or Ubuntu? Which is more stable? That's a great question and one
I'm not best suited to ask. I'm on a Mac. But really, that's what the Cobalt
VR Meetup is all about. We use Skype IRC and that's solid as a rock. Then we
can try stuff in Cobalt to see what's working and what isn't. Get Skype and
OpenCobalt and join the dialog. It's pretty cool stuff. Your students will
love it. It's Primo, as in the beer.

Chris