[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-fbs.220.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Fri Apr 2 10:44:44 UTC 2010

I'll look at #alternativeBrowseIt - I didn't know there was such a thing :)

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean, at any rate. Assuming we're
talking about the same thing,  the left-hand pane one might call a
selector list (accessed through instvars called selectorListIndex,
selectorList) and the right-hand pane one might call a message list
(accessed through instvars like messageList and messageListIndex).

The left-hand pane actually contains both selector names and class names.

When you choose a selector in the left-hand pane (say
writeClassRename:was) the right-hand pane fills up with the implementors
of that selector. Hit "browse" and you go where you'd expect.

If you choose a class in the left-hand pane (say XMLWarningException)
the right-hand pane is empty, obviously.

Now if you hit "browse" at this point, nothing happens. That surprised
me: I'd expected a Browser to open up displaying XMLWarningException.

So I dug around, and changed the behaviour of #selection and
#selectedClassOrMetaClass to say "well, if there's no method selected in
the right-hand pane, look in the left-hand pane. If something there's
selected, open a Browser on it, otherwise do nothing."

"No method selected" can only happen when you've selected a class in the
left-hand pane: otherwise, the first item in the right-hand pane's selected.

frank