[squeak-dev] copying to treated - was: The Inbox: Morphic-cbr.392.mcz Breaks PopUpMenu

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 23:19:21 UTC 2010

>> Does moving to treated also place a copy in the trunk project?  I
>> think we should do that so that the repository contains all of the
>> proper history of its ancestors so that diffs can be performed.
>
> That wouldn't work. Imagine that we decide to reject a package version for
> some reason. You move it to the Treated Inbox and suddenly a copy appears in
> the Trunk...

Well, I'm talking about the case where it is accepted, not rejected.
It becomes part of the MC model's ancestry and therefore it needs to
be in the trunk if we want to enable MC's functionality of diffing
between versions; don't we?

>> I was just confronted with a strange debugger when trying to verify
>> where the missing method went mentioned in this post below..  The
>> referenced version is in the trunks history, so it really should be
>> part of the trunk repository.  I manually copied it there sothat MC
>> could perform the necessary diff..
>
> Dynamic selector creation should be avoided when possible.

I totally agree!  More abstractly, don't do anything that so
fundamentally circumvents the IDE..

> If it's not, then
> the method with no "direct" sender should be marked somehow.

it is marked.  But unfortunately things are still broken..   World
Menu | open... | file...