[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakMap soon working in 4.0/4.1!

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:38:08 UTC 2010

<rant>

Why on earth are you fixing SqueakMap? How is this at all a good or useful
thing?

If I understand correctly, you want to make the Squeak Map Package Loader
work.
Is there some kind of if-it's-broken-I-must-fix-it pathology going on here?

If I were the king of Squeak I'd take hunt down both the Squeak Map Package
Loader and the Universes Browser, get down with my bad Canadian self, and
beat them to death like baby seals.

Three ways to find code for Squeak. Only one is updated with regularity and
you're fixing a tool to feed the problem.

Is there something I don't get here or is that what you're doing: making the
location of code more of a problem for beginners coming to Squeak? Ensuring
they find a seemingly working solution only to find that nobody updates the
RFB on SqueakMap.

There should only be one way to get code for Squeak. One.
All other should be chased across the ice and turned into coats.

</rant>

Chris