[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakMap soon working in 4.0/4.1!

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Apr 8 11:57:31 UTC 2010

Hello,

Am 2010-04-08 um 13:25 schrieb Chris Cunnington:

> Or, we can have all three, but not on the same menu. How about we prioritize places to get code.

"Places to get code" is a very fuzzy word.
„Über einen Kamm scheren“ we say in Germany.
I.e. You cannot. compare Squeaksource with (SqMap and Universes)
(whilst comparing Universes and SqMap can be compared).

Look at This:

Debian									Squeak
http://ftp.debian.org (i.e, the package repository)	squeaksource.com
dselect									SqueakMap
aptitude									Universes
apt-get									Installer

I know this comparison does not hold completely
(something like dpkg is heavily missnig; cf. Metacello or Sake)
yet, I hope you understand my point.

So Long,
	-Tobias (who actually is Happy about SqMap)