[squeak-dev] quick handling of graphics files

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Apr 14 03:03:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:30:31PM -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:

> I had looked at porting the Sophie image reading logic into Pharo/Squeak
> as part of true graphic cut/copy,paste, but it requires FFI which no-one
> seems interested in having in the base product.

I for one think that FFI should be readily available, if not part of
a "base product" then as a reliably loadable package. I also think that
the 64-bit patches need to be applied to it real soon now, since 64-bit
Unix, Windows and OS X are becoming rather commonplace. So I'll probably
be nagging you about this on vm-dev sometime soon if you are at all
sympathetic to the cause ;)

Dave