[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 release candidate 3

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Wed Apr 14 08:36:22 UTC 2010

2010/4/14 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> On 4/13/2010 11:41 PM, Alexander Lazarević wrote:
> It's not tricky at all. The next time you need to reset it from MC, simply
> use "SystemProgressMorph future reset". This will work nicely (try it with
> the snippet I sent earlier).

Thanks Andreas. What I still don't grok is, when the message send will
happen. Ok, some time in the future, but who says it won't be during
the SPM is still in use? I'm afraid Future/Promises/Traits (and a lot
more) are still white spots on my personal Squeak map!

Updating a SPM still feels tricky for me because I ran into some MNU
(as I recall) when I updated a method that contained a new message
send to a new method that was about to be loaded after the updated one
(there is no defined order how methods get loaded, is there?). Because
the updated method was used before the new method was loaded I got a
MNU.
So I had to split this up into two commits and make a mcm for the first one.

Alex