[squeak-dev] Re: Can i has underscores? :)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Apr 14 21:38:33 UTC 2010

Hi Igor,

So, what you want is:

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> ... i see a following benefits:
>  - better interoperability with other languages (most modern languages
> using underscores in identifiers)

You already have that, just turn on the preference. There are a few
issues left, today I sent some fixes for those, in a message that was
ignored.

>  - better visual appearance of source code (seeing a := b is a way
> better than seeing a _ b )

You always had that.

So, what is missing? The import filter to convert existing code to suit
your taste; the one you're not programming because it is not that
important for you? Something else?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich