[squeak-dev] Re: Can i has underscores? :)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Apr 14 21:58:41 UTC 2010

> This is a technical issue, which i asked to leave aside.

I won't leave it aside, because this discussion is not theoretical to
me: if you break backward compatibility, you put me in trouble. It's as
simple as that.

Otherwise I have no objection, and never had any objection, to any
change in Smalltalk, Squeak, the French government, the recipe for
pancakes or the US constitution. "Live and let live" is my motto;
please let me live, don't break my code.

If you provide a safe way to convert my packages to your new syntax,
without reformatting them in the process, I have no objection whatsoever
to your ideas.

I would even be happy if that makes you happy :)

Stef