[squeak-dev] Re: Note: Squeak 4.1 Unix - preset preferences for right mouse button

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 11:13:19 UTC 2010

On 4/17/10, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> No, there simply was no change of default in the unix and Mac VMs. Andreas
> changed it for Windows as he wrote above.
>
> That said, IMHO it's time to fix it. Squeak should by default use the
> platform conventions. That is, use ctrl-c for copy on windows and unix, and
> cmd-c on Mac. And the right mouse button should bring up the context menu by
> default on all platforms.

Yes, the keyboard shortcuts.

I forgot about them because I am used to the Squeak way. However
people who have never used Squeak before probably think it is either
broken or very weird to change such a basic thing.

Maybe the solution is similar to the case of the windows colors. A
menu choice: 'Use Squeak keyboard shortcuts' and another one 'Use
platform keyboard shortcuts'.

Contrariwise to the windows color issue it might be more difficult to
implement, I do not know....

Hannes