[squeak-dev] [4.1] Windows installer problem - default path on XP is incorrect, incorrect copy/paste shortcuts

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 12:12:35 UTC 2010

Hello

I downloaded the MSWindows installer from
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.1/win/Squeak-4.1-9948-100415-installer.exe

I install it on an XP machine.

The default path the installer proposes is the Vista one

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Documents\Squeak 4.1

CORRECT would be
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Squeak4.1

And as noted in the thread
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148926.html

The preference setting in the image for the shortcuts for copy/paste
should be ctrl-c and ctrl-p, not alt-c and alt-p

Otherwise the first three minutes impression for a new user will be mixed.

I hope this can be fixed before putting the announcement on the web site.
It is easier to fix it now than later on using time to answer newbie questions.

Hannes