[squeak-dev] Release blues?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 20 14:09:35 UTC 2010

On 20.04.2010, at 14:56, Ian Trudel wrote:

> Bert, Hannes,
>
> I'd be please to read your answers on the survey that I have posted.

To be honest I didn't think the survey was aimed at me ;)

I personally don't see a "low level of contributions" and there are also no "hurdles" preventing me personally from contributing.

I read a report a while ago (my google-fu is not strong enough to find it though) that it is quite normal in open-source projects to have very few very active contributors and many more less active contributors. That's the Pareto principle at work. So I'm not desperate at all :)

I am, however, interested in what others perceive to be obstacles to contributing, so thank you very much for starting this survey!

- Bert -