[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Talking to Steve Jobs about Scratch.

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:15:11 UTC 2010

John & Stephane,

Fair enough and good to know that folks like ESUG will be weighing
in.  I think you're on the right track re: gathering vocal support
from the Scratch community that is constructive rather than bashing
Apple, and have mainly been wondering why there wasn't a more
concerted push from the Smalltalk and dynamic languages community in
general talking about how policies like this would make iPhone OS a
non-viable platform for them and push them to invest in alternatives
such as Android to the exclusion of iPhone OS, rather than in addition
to it.  I'm not sure how much additional impact that would have, but
the endgame for many tools/languages on iPhone OS doesn't seem to be
very far off and I'm not terribly optimistic on how this will be
decided.

Thanks,
Phil