[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Talking to Steve Jobs about Scratch.

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:55:42 UTC 2010

On 22 April 2010 00:57, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 21.04.2010, at 22:56, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM, John M McIntosh
> <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>>
>> Phil, last week I asked the smalltalk community (ESUG  etc), to stay claim
>> and wait for Apple to think about it based on an email
>> exchange I had with Steve Jobs. At the time I thought it prudent to wait a
>> further decision or statement.
>>
>> Give that Wired publish Alan & my thoughts on the matter it's likely now
>> time to consider what to do next.
>>
>> So this is NOT the fault of ESUG not being proactive, they were itching to
>> do something.
>>
>> At the moment I believe they are collecting ideas how to approach the
>> problem in a meaningful manner.
>> Suggestions are welcome.
>
> Port to Android asap.  Competitive pressure can make Apple move.  I'm not
> sure about anything else.
>
> Apple will move eventually. I found this illuminating about their motives:
> http://www.asktog.com/columns/082iPad&Mac.html

I found it a bit depressive. I can do one little conclusion from it:
It sounds like only Steve Jobs reserves the right to make great
things, while others should sit and wait, until he will generously
allow them to use it. It also seems like all developers in the world,
already stamped by his “THIS IS S___!”  red stamp, without even
noticed. So, no matter what they do, or how great their ideas is, its
worthless, because Great Steve didn't blessed it.

So, i feel a big disdain, because the above shows only an egocentric,
childish and ill-minded nature of Apple's head.
- Hear plebs, a made a new iThing for you. Eat my flesh, drink my blood.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.