[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Talking to Steve Jobs about Scratch.

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Wed Apr 21 23:21:43 UTC 2010

I don't view it this way at all.  There are plenty of valid reasons for the
steps that Apple has taken.  It's difficult to make a really great product
when you have lots of difference constituencies you have to worry about as
you move forward.  Constraining the variables helps ensure you can deliver a
good product with finite resources.  It's only about control in the sense
that they need to exert a certain amount of control to ensure the product
isn't crushed by the weight of its own success and that they can continue to
deliver a great end user experience.

Btw, there is a pretty vibrant jailbreak community where you can run
whatever you want on the devices.

- Stephen