[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [Question] ToolBuilder in Squeak 4.1 and Pharo 1.0 compatible?

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Apr 22 08:21:20 UTC 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 5:25 29AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 4/21/2010 4:32 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>> A question: Art the ToolBuilder in Squeak 4.1 and Pharo 1.0 the same?
>> Or if there is a difference what is the impact of it?
>>
>> Or put the question in another way. If I code an UI using the
>> ToolBuilder in Squeak 4.1 will it run in Pharo?
>
> They are mostly the same but not identical. If there is interest in the Pharo community we should merge the versions upstream in http://www.squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder.html (contact me if you're interested).
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

ToolBuilder is one of the projects I believe deserve to stay fork-agnostic.

Exactly how we should go about coordinating so they stay in synch I'm interested in hearing :)

With ToolBuilder, I also include the protocol of UIManagers.
In that regard, one of the changes I think would be hard to get "Pharoers" to back down from, is the change of nil instead of '' return for request: dialog cancels.

Cheers,
Henry