[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Talking to Steve Jobs about Scratch.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Apr 22 15:15:23 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-22, at 6:22 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I still naively believe that if all the programmers of the dynamic language put a logo with apple and a black skull on their
> web page. Apple will get a bad press.

Yes well I don't think that will achieve much.

Personally I think that the people here involved in the education & university domains need to write actual paper based letters on their
institution's letter head and mail them to the Apple education reps for their countries stating their concern about Apple's legal agreements
that appear to lockout the iPad for extraordinary use in the computer science curriculum.

This involves passionately arguing for the ability to program, or teach in something other than C, C++, Obj-C or Javascript, I"m sure others are
more capable than me in composing that, as a software engineer my words aren't worth much, but I think computer science departments should
be voicing their concern on the direction where things appear to be going.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882