[squeak-dev] [Urgent][4.1.1] Squeak screen shot and backgrounds / display of pictures

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 22:12:37 UTC 2010

Martin,

Steve Wessels has three versions of DesktopBackgroundLoader in the inbox

http://source.squeak.org/inbox/DesktopBackgroundLoader-sbw.26.mcz
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/DesktopBackgroundLoader-sbw.22.mcz
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/DesktopBackgroundLoader-sbw.20.mcz

Version 22 subclasses model thus duplicating FileList functionality
whereas version 26
subclasses FileList.

Bert Freudenberg was saying as a comment to 22 that the Background
Loader duplicates FileList code and as such he prefers going for a
subclass of FileList which Steve did with 26.

As we now find out is that FileList has not good code in it.
Steve's version 22 is cleanly done and a good application of the new
ToolBuilder.

It shows that displaying pictures in a explorer type dialog is indeed possible
(see screen shot on Steve's website
http://squeak.preeminent.org/images/previewer2.jpg)

So a solution (either along the lines of version 22 or version 26) is
not out of reach...

We just have to make up our mind how we proceed.

--Hannes