[squeak-dev] Re: Pragmas (Re: The Inbox: Morphic-phite.429.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Apr 26 23:14:41 UTC 2010

On 27.04.2010, at 00:47, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> And: to me the code for the menu definitions looks ugly. A kind of
> assembler like, lisp-s expression thing with a lot of implied
> assumptions.

You mean this?

MenuEntrySpec newFrom: (Dictionary newFromPairs: #(
		contents 'Well... hello?'
		help 'Displays the Hello World'
		location ('Help')
		target MenuMorph selector inform: arguments ('Hello World!')
		position first))

Yes, looks a lot like s-expressions. No, I don't like it either. Glad we agree on that. But weren't you arguing *for* this? I'm getting confused. Balázs proposed this:

<createDockingBarMenuWithPriority: 50>

<fillDockingBarMenu: #extras priority: 20>

- Bert -