[squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:34:36 UTC 2010

On 4/28/10, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> "30 tutorials is a great idea, but don't forget video. A video walkthrough
> of each tutorial would be excellent and would serve for teaching tool usage
> as well."
>

> To date I've made 74 video tutorials on Squeak. I make one every week.
> http://www.youtube.com/user/gandysmedicineshow
>
> Any of those could be linked in the files of TB's HelpSystem.
>
> I'm also willing to make videos of tutorials other people write. At
> this point, I make them quite quickly.
>

> Chris

Chris,
I was not aware of the fact that you have made 74 videos. I have
watched one of them recently to which you had pointed me and it was
very useful.

What we need is a list of these videos available at a more prominent place.

Speakin videos,
it would be great to have the option of playing the videos _in_ Squeak.

This might be connected to Bert Freudenbergs remark recently that the
scratch plugin should be made available in Squeak. In the beginner's
list there is some discussion going on that it is not straightforward
to play videos in Squeak these days.

I think videos would be in many cases more effective and take less time.

Thank you Chris for your willingness to do videos for other people.

--Hannes