[squeak-dev] Re: A little 4.1 press coverage

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:05:51 UTC 2010

On 29 April 2010 02:40, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm missing something here. If we have already what we're looking for, then
> what is this discussion about? I read it as people saying that we don't have
> a "one-click-solution" (whatever that's considered to be) and need one.
> Which is fine by me, just make one and we'll put it up.

I was thinking of the value of "All-in-One" (to adopt Bert's term) files is
that they allow you to get something into people's hands very quickly
without a page of instructions to follow. Because I know there's some
limitations (eg saving new versions), I'm not sure that the base
"All-in-One" build should be of interest to anyone except for Squeak
developers who want to use it to create their own All-in-One file to
demonstrate their code. Perhaps if those problems were overcome, the
"All-in-One" could be the default download that new users get directed to?