[squeak-dev] Re: <Method Tags> (Pragmas)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:09:33 UTC 2010

The name method tag makes a lot of sense.

An example:
If I have a method tagged with <systemsetting> I know how I can
collect together all the settings in the whole image. No need for
'registering' ......

And the tag <primitive: ...> marks methods which have implementations
in the virtual machine.

A tag like <menu> marks methods which should be called from the menu.
Another <menu> tag tells the system which label to use and maybe
another  one which menu  (something like this.... needs elaboration,
this is an on-going discussion)

--Hannes