[squeak-dev] [documentation] HelpSystem, revision control, and process

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Apr 30 22:10:48 UTC 2010

I haven't been following the HelpSystem discussion very closely so there
is no limit to what I don't know on this subject.  That said I would be
perfectly happy setting up a HelpSystem repository on source.squeak.org.

In general I feel we need to start limiting the contents of the trunk
repository to those packages that compose 'core' Squeak and start
considering add-ons used to build 'basic' Squeak as separate packages
installed into 'core'.  I'm assuming that HelpSystem is something we
would want to include in a 'basic' image, but not a 'core' image.  (Of
course a 'core' ZIP might include ready to load optional packages
including HelpSystem.)

Ken