[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] HTTP client library in Pharo?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 17:15:54 UTC 2010

> Hi Adrei, excellent :)
>
> BTW, for HTTP Client you should cc Andreas Raab   or squeak mailing list....

Squeak-dev please
(http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/squeak-dev).

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com
> <mailto:lispercat at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I also found that cookies were not correctly sent.
>     Every cookie was sent with its own "Cookie: " header which is not
>     correct.

I'm curious, why do you think that's incorrect? My understanding is that
RFC 2616 explicitly allows that:

	"Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MAY be present
in a message if and only if the entire field-value for that header field
is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)]. It MUST be
possible to combine the multiple header fields into one 'field-name:
field-value' pair, without changing the semantics of the message, by
appending each subsequent field-value to the first, each separated by a
comma."

And the condition appears to be satisfied in RFC 2109 regarding the
Cookie header:

"The syntax for the header is:

    cookie          =       "Cookie:" cookie-version
                            1*((";" | ",") cookie-value)
... "

>     Also cookie collection is too restrictive to the domain. Let's say
>     your request goes to www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com> and in
>     the cookies it'll have
>     domain.com <http://domain.com>.
>     Those cookies won't be collected since the current algorithm requires
>     it to match from the start of the string (probably should only match
>     the end of the string).

Yeah, that's a silly bug. Thanks for reporting.

Cheers,
   - Andreas