[squeak-dev] RE: Trying to combine two images

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Aug 7 06:26:53 UTC 2010

Andreas,

The effect from your examples was very subtle on my display, but it looked promising so I started hacking it into my code.  The results were initially very strange, but I had been badly mangling the bitblt on my end.  Things went from weird to simply ugly and I started comparing the types of forms.  I was using ColorForm, so I switched that to Form (interestingly I had only recently started using ColorForm) and the results are now really nice.

I am curious what you meant about simplifying things if my mask were alpha.  AFAIK, I am perfectly willing to use it.  What would stop me?

Thanks!!

Bill