[squeak-dev] Etoys developer chat today - release planning

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Aug 9 13:58:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

last week we only had a very brief chat, and I forgot to mail the log. It's attached below. Feel free to stop by today, as every Monday at 12 noon Squeakland Time.

This page lists today's time in local time zones:

	http://tinyurl.com/34z5tn8

To participate, replace "squeaker123" with your own name on

	http://chat.squeakland.org/

and press "Login". Then say hi :-)

Alternatively, use an IRC client of your choice to join #etoys on irc.freenode.net

Everyone is welcome!

- Bert -

Last week's log:

<bertf> hi - anyone here to discuss the release?
<bertf> guess it's still vacation time ...
<bertf> padreyfuss: hi :)
<padreyfuss> bert hi
<jecel> Is the idea for the release to be out before the new school year in the northern hemisphere?
<bertf> jecel: no, the idea is to coincide with the sugar release
<jecel> Ok
<bertf> which in turn is coordinated with the Gnome release I think
<bertf> padreyfuss: di you have anything specific to discuss?
<jecel> Gnome? Is that for the high school XO?
<padreyfuss> no, it's the first  time  i'm participating, i'm more observer then participant
<bertf> padreyfuss: ah, okay
<bertf> jecel: no, but Sugar uses GTK extensively
<bertf> jecel: many libraries are shared between Sugar and Gnome
<jecel> bertf: Righ! I had forgotten about that