[squeak-dev] [Ann][Cuis] New Cuis release

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Aug 9 20:17:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Cuis 2.5 is available at www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .

Cool.

> New in Cuis 2.5
> - Compatibility with the Cog VM
> - Fix the sequence of click - wait - double click in text editors (old Squeak
> bug)
> - Fix formatting bugs in a trailing empty line in text editors (old Squeak
> bug)
> - A few updates from Squeak
> - Several minor fixes and enhancements

A few notes:
- I tried to run the tests, during that debuggers popped up with "Code
simulation error". After fighting them, i got "230 run, 165 passed, 15
failed, 50 errors".
- While I was fighting with the debuggers, I tried to use the "return
value" feature, but it's sending #default to FillInTheBlank, which is
missing, so another debugger opens.
- So I decided to find the methods which send #FillInTheBlank and
#default, but [ Smalltalk browseAllCallsOn: #FillInTheBlank and: #default.
] doesn't find any senders, so I used this snippet:
[
 	| a b |
 	a := Smalltalk allCallsOn: #FillInTheBlank.
 	b := Smalltalk allCallsOn: #default.
 	Smalltalk
 		browseMessageList: (a intersection: b)
 		name: 'Senders'
 		autoSelect: 'FillInTheBlank default' ].
The following methods send #default to FillInTheBlank:
 	Debugger >> #returnValue
 	Parser >> #defineClass:
- I tried to sort the result of (a intersection: b) by sending #sort to
it, but OrderedCollection doesn't understand it.
- And I found that FFT >> #transformForward: doesn't use the primitive. :)

Levente