[squeak-dev] JMS (Java Message Service) for Squeak

Danie Roux lists+squeak at danieroux.com
Mon Aug 9 20:30:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM, John Chludzinski  wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a simple JMS client implementation in Squeak (or any
> Smalltalk)?  ---John

Yes/maybe: http://stomp.codehaus.org/StompConnect

"StompConnect is a small Java library for exposing any JMS provider as
a Stomp Broker. This means that you can use any of the Stomp Clients
to work with any JMS compliant message broker."

Stomp is a simple line-based protocol, should be easy enough to build
in Squeak. And I see there is one available for VW.

I successfully used Stomp with Ruby years back.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix - http://danieroux.com