[squeak-dev] 'method source with it' generates 'Error: RemoteString past end of file'

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:05:17 UTC 2010

Hi all,
in order to investigate where WeakFinalizationList and
WeakFinalizerItem where used in
latest Trunk I issued 'method source with it' on the relevant string
but got a dialog with
'Error: RemoteString past end of file' as in attached dump.

This is reproducible using Squeak4.2-10160-alpha as from Squeak Trunk ftp [1]
and also updating it to latest Trunk; the VM I used is
   Squeak 4.2.5beta1U (Squeak VM 4.2.5b1)

Is this a bug in the VM?
Hope it helps
Bye
Enrico

[1] http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/
--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick