[squeak-dev] Latest Trunk: WeakFinalizerList and WeakFinalizerItem are Undeclared (Weak Finalization not completely [or accidentally] in Trunk?)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Aug 12 21:45:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Enrico Spinielli wrote:

> Then WeakFinalizersTest should be removed from Trunk, shouldn't it?

Not yet. :)
If the community decides that the VM should support this finalization
mechanism and the VM maintainers add it to the VM, then we can load the
rest of the (possibly updated) image-side code and have much faster
finalization (O(1) instead of O(n) cost).
But if there's no decision till the release of Squeak 4.2, then we will
remove it from the Trunk before the release. Until then it's a good
reminder IMO.

Levente