[squeak-dev] CogVM on the Mac

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 02:57:17 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Chris Cunnington <
smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thrilled to hear a Cog VM for Mac is in the offing.
>
> I played with stuff to try and bake my own, but it was quickly clear that I
> wasn't in Kansas anymore. Curse you KlattSynthesizerPlugin !
>
> Actually... I guess because the Mac VM does not have a Klatt plugin in its
> collection of compiled plugins, it was never going to work anyway. I think
> the Unix VM has a Klatt... maybe I should try baking a Cog on Ubuntu...
> hmmm... I'll fail, but nothing lasts forever. :)

are you sure?  If I look in the Cog sources
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog I
find src/plugins/Klatt/Klatt.c and that all sqNamedPrims.h files specify the
plugin:

cygwinbuild/sqNamedPrims.h:extern sqExport Klatt_exports[];
cygwinbuild/sqNamedPrims.h:     Klatt_exports,
macbuild/sqNamedPrims.h:extern sqExport Klatt_exports[];
macbuild/sqNamedPrims.h:        Klatt_exports,
unixbuild/bld/plugins.int:Klatt \

So if you're doing a standard build (see macbuild/HowToBuild) and you're
trying something that flat out won't work like using the standard Squeak
VM's platforms directory then all Cog VMs should include a Klatt plugin in
the internal plugins set.

HTH
Eliot