[squeak-dev] About smaller modular images

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:48:16 UTC 2010

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-March/145964.htm

Here we got a http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak3.11-9622-core.zip

We don¹t have it now and none was done about modularity.

I start my fork some days before, the last i put is
http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/SqueakLight3-alpha.9685.zip

This is not perfect and have very few ideas not in trunk but MIT.

> ³V5dot0      production of Squeak release 5.0 (minimal core with module
> system)²
>
> I wish be on any serius about we have a smaller modular image.

This image should be able to grow to Etoys, Croquet/Cobalt , Seaside or any
special complex image like Stephanne Rollandin Muo or Trygve M. H. Reenskaug
BabyIDE (as examples)

No easy but it will be worth

Edgar