[squeak-dev] Re: About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 25 03:10:33 UTC 2010

On 8/24/2010 6:53 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> BTW, I'm not proposing relaxing this rule for trunk images, only for
> images in which packages have been unloaded, even packages in which all
> unloadable packages have been unloaded.  I don't want to wreck updating,
> all I want is for updating to work to some acceptable degree in
> unload-all-unloadable-packages (UAUP) images.
>
> I'm sorry, I thought I was being clear and wasn't.  It is IMO
> preferrable to add a hack for UAUP images that allows them to update the
> packages they have available than the current situation where updating
> is possible only in a full trunk image.

Give it a shot; just load the latest version of MonticelloConfigurations
into the image you want to update, disable the "Update missing packages"
preference, press update, and let me know if it blows up or not :-)

(the change is minor and trivial to retract if it turns out to be more
trouble than it's worth)

Cheers,
   - Andreas