[squeak-dev] Re: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 25 03:47:52 UTC 2010

On 8/24/2010 8:23 PM, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez wrote:
> El mar, 24-08-2010 a las 17:19 -0700, Andreas Raab escribió:
>> Don't feed this troll.
>>
>>     - A.
>
> Come on Andreas, what is this attitude of letting your friends to say
> what they want but jumping to put a troll label to any other that think
> different, Isn't mature.

I think it's perfectly mature to call a troll a troll while letting
people who are presenting criticism in good faith (such as Pavel) say
what they want to say. That is exactly the difference between the two.

Also, if this were your first troll, I'd give you a bit more leeway. But
it's not, you have a history of making inflammatory comments on this
list and I don't want others to fall for your trap.

In short, if you're commenting with the purpose of improving Squeak,
you're welcome. If indeed that was your intention, then I'm looking
forward to your elaboration and contributions on how to improve Squeak.
However, if you're commenting with the only purpose of proving the
superiority of Pharo, you're not. You can post those comments on the
Pharo list where I'm sure they will be welcome.

Cheers,
   - Andreas