[squeak-dev] Re: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:43:46 UTC 2010

On 8/24/10 12:23 PM, "Pavel Krivanek" <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:

> I still think that Squeakers should entertaint the possibility to
> adopt PharoCore (or PharoKernel?) some way as the base. The reasons
> are clearly practical - and not only for Smalltalk programmers. Squeak
> hardly can keep pace with Pharo. Moreover Pharo starts to have several
> full-timers now. And original goals of Squeak are very different from
> duplicating of effort already done somewhere else. Squeak has to face
> to competition of Pharo and EToys. Squeakers can "fight" them or use
> them. Please do not let personal disagreements blind you...
>
> Cheers
> -- Pavel

My poor SqueakLight3 wish have the best of Cuis, Pharo and Squeak plus some
ideas I have, but clearly can't sell ...

If we rip Polymorph and do it unloadable/loadable and let cosmetics to user,
my vote is for PharoCore.

But if you have some more documented of your current PharoKernel somewhere I
don't found/know and this could be used on Mac, my vote is for PharoKernel.

Edgar