[squeak-dev] Re: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:51:02 UTC 2010

On 8/25/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/24/10 12:23 PM, "Pavel Krivanek" <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:
>
>> I still think that Squeakers should entertaint the possibility to
>> adopt PharoCore (or PharoKernel?) some way as the base. The reasons
>> are clearly practical - and not only for Smalltalk programmers. Squeak
>> hardly can keep pace with Pharo. Moreover Pharo starts to have several
>> full-timers now. And original goals of Squeak are very different from
>> duplicating of effort already done somewhere else. Squeak has to face
>> to competition of Pharo and EToys. Squeakers can "fight" them or use
>> them. Please do not let personal disagreements blind you...
>>
>> Cheers
>> -- Pavel
>
> My poor SqueakLight3 wish have the best of Cuis, Pharo and Squeak plus some
> ideas I have, but clearly can't sell ...

I assume there is not enough 'marketing'. I assume at least you need
more presence on a website where you explain what you are doing. I
pretty sure that there are people who will be willing to help you with
that.

It means that you maintain your own fork which is fine. Please
continue with it....

Is your SqueakLight3 based on Squeak4.1 trunk? Or Pharo? I ask this
because I'd like to know if it is under the MIT license.

I assume that some of the things you load in addition are not but in
this case I would not bother too much.

Where it the download link? Do you have a read-me.txt with the version history?

Cheers
--Hannes