[squeak-dev] Re: Experimental Cocoa OS-X based Squeak Cog JIT VM 5.8b3.

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 22:55:01 UTC 2010

This is great. Thank you for doing this.

I have a question about movies. I see that existing vms have MP3 and
Quicktime plugins. 4.1, I'd say, has no way to take advantage of that.
MovieMorph is a dud IMHO. I had a little luck playing a movie on an old 2.8
image used in the production version of Scratch. But it looks like the VM
has capabilities unexploited by our common image. Is this movie capability
for some other project such as iOS/iPod, etc? Or is there something on SqS
that I could load to allow me to play a movie in 4.1? What's up with this
capability in the VM, but not commonly exploited at the image level?

Thanks for this new vm,

Chris