[squeak-dev] Quicktime

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Aug 26 18:19:54 UTC 2010

On 2010-08-26, at 10:12 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> However I remember that earlier Squeak versions could play mpeg
> videos. How was that done at the time?

We acquire a *license* to use the http://heroinewarrior.com/libmpeg3

Although this originally is GNU General Public License code we wrote the author and received permission
to use the source code in Squeak under either a LGPL or the Squeak-L.

(a) our code base is old, and not supported.
(b) the Sophie team found a few bugs, some MP3 files won't work.
(c) your user always picks a file which isn't mp3
John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882