Crypto, a Villain, and You (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Cryptography Team] Re: DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractively is not random)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:51:05 UTC 2010

<villain type="mustachioed">

I think crypto is a strong candidate for "community supported package."

I want to say that I think this is incredibly admirable work; the
educational value alone cannot be overstated. I've been meaning to look at
this stuff, because I think it's endlessly cool, and I pray my next
statement will harm none...

I also think that crypto vetted by such a small community is extremely
*dangerous*, if just because new users might confuse it with the much more
well-vetted platform crypto that most programming systems make use of (I'm
ill-educated here, so forgive me if I'm totally ignorant of something
critical; I hope that WithPrimitive means "hooks into platform crypto," not
"goes faster.")

</villain>

--
Casey Ransberger