[squeak-dev] Copy/pasting media (was: Sophie MPEG Player)

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 18:12:48 UTC 2010

Just to be clear, nothing I've had success so far requires FFI. Sophie has
two players: an MPEG player that doesn't require anything; and then it has a
larger, more impressive suite/player that has MPEG, Quicktime, Ogg and
others. I have only poked at that. I've been working from the outside in,
because the FFI-requiring player freaks me out a bit. When people say things
like "a semaphore for every frame" I wonder what I've gotten into.

Nothing I've put up at MultiMedia on SqS needs FFI. It only requires an
updated 4.1 Squeak image. So far everything is just a straight morph. If the
powers that be wanted to include an MPEG playing morph it in a trunk image,
I'm guessing that wouldn't be a problem.

Chris