[Cryptography Team]Re:[squeak-dev]DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnot random

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Aug 28 22:19:21 UTC 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

snip

I just took a look at the extension methods (there are quite a lot) and
most of them can be simplified or removed.

> For example http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-July/130162.html

Like this.

> Maybe http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7109 would serve a bit too...

Hm. This looks interresting, I guess some optimizations are already
implemented:

| x |
x := SmallInteger maxVal raisedTo: 100.
#(-1600 -1597 1597 1600) collect: [ :shift |
 	[ 1 to: 100000 do: [ :i | x bitShift: shift ] ] timeToRun ].
"CogVM  ===> #(150 147 271 64)"
"SquakVM ===> #(97 118 343 71)"

Levente