[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Experimental Cocoa OS-X based Squeak Cog JIT VM 5.8b4.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Aug 29 17:36:16 UTC 2010

On 2010-08-29, at 4:57 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> What are the implications of these optimizations? By the sound of it they should influence the rendering. Is that correct? Are there any tests we could do to see the improvements?

You can use the frame rate morphic to observe the rate  rate you get in your application, compare to 4.x.
Comparing to a 5.7 in 64bit mode may not be fair because with the same open/GL code it does a frame rate 25% better.

I'm also interested in any drawing issues, yes it does lose it's mind when you resize the window (I might fix that someday),
but I'm more concerned about drawing artifacts & visual differences between it now and 4.x
John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882