[squeak-dev] Experimental Cocoa OS-X based Squeak Cog JIT VM 5.8b4.

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Aug 29 18:39:28 UTC 2010

Running a fresh Squeak4.2-10382-alpha on your latest 5.8b4.

Cool! Can now resize the window to extend all the way to the right of the third monitor. Have 30" (2048x1280), 20"(1280x960), 20"(1280x960).

Not sure what the logic is that it uses to decide which monitor to fill when you click the green '+' button.
Seems like if the left hand side of the Squeak window is on the left screen, and more than a certain amount is on the middle screen, it resizes to the middle. If the right extends to the right of the right screen, it resizes to the right screen unless the left hand side of the window is closer to the left side of the left screen, then it resizes to the left. Doesn't seem to make complete sense.

Full screen on in Squeak World/Appearance seems to follow the same logic for which screen to end up full screen on.
More than likely I suppose this is OS determined.

Yes, get the artifacts when resizing the Squeak window. At least they go away when operation is complete.

Anything in particular you want me to try?

Ken G. Brown