[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Experimental Cocoa OS-X based Squeak Cog JIT VM 5.8b4.

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 18:55:44 UTC 2010

Ahh, I see.

I expect it to jump between words. On regular Mac applications, you
get this behavior by pressing alt-arrow.

And when I press shift-ctrl-arrow, I expect it to select up to the end
of the word. On regular Mac applications, you get this behavior by
pressing alt-shift-arrow.

Of course, I would not mind if instead of ctrl we would have alt :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 29 Aug 2010, at 20:52, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok, well I have no idea what you are using control-arrow-left key for.
> if you bring up a browser window, place the cursor in the text entry
> input field then?
> What do you expect to happen when you tap certain keys?
>
> On 2010-08-29, at 10:50 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 29 Aug 2010, at 19:44, John M McIntosh wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, yes this is a functional change between 10.5 and 10.6
>>>
>>> Can you document a test case for me in a 4.x squeak VM so I can
>>> figure out what to do for the 10.5 users
>>
>> How exactly should I do that?
>>
>> I just checked in a 4.2.2 and everything works as expected.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>
> --
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:
> squeaker68882
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://
> www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."