[squeak-dev] UbiquiTalk

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Aug 30 15:00:11 UTC 2010

I'm porting UbiquiTalk to Squeak 4.1 and running into a problem.  I've been
talking to Noury Bouraqadi about it and am posting the progress here in case
anyone has any input.  I'm attaching a screenshot, and can provide the
images, but right now the load process is not documented.
http://forum.world.st/file/n2400261/Screen_shot_2010-08-30_at_August_30%2C_2010_10.57.55_AM.png
Screen_shot_2010-08-30_at_August_30%2C_2010_10.57.55_AM.png

Noury, thanks for the reply.  I loaded it in Squeak 4.1 and copied the
image.  Now I have two images running side-by-side.  What happens is that
the first one to be started sees itself in the host list.  When the second
one is started, the first one reports the error I told you about below,
while the second one doesn't see either host.  I've attached a screenshot.
The only clue that I have is that RSTBroker>>objectFor:ifRemote: has a
comment that says "answer a proxy if the reference points to other VM,
otherwise answer the 'real' object"  This sounds wrong because I still want
a remote object even if it's another image on the same VM, don't I?

p.s. 42 out of 43 tests are passing (except
UTMulticastSocketTest>>testTimeToLive)

On 29 août 2010, at 22:15, sean at clipperadams.com wrote:

Noury Bouraqadi-2 wrote:

> Yes. But, we need an appropriate set of tools. We (Douai's team)
> developed
> a few tools a while ago as part of the UbiquiTalk project. We had a
> remote-workspace working quite fine.

Quoted from:
http://forum.world.st/Inter-image-communication-tp2320723p2337967.html

Hey, in preparation to port to Pharo, I loaded UbiquiTalk in Squeak 4.1.  It
appears (per the GUI) to be running on two images, but when I turn on
ubiquitalk in the second image via the gui, I get an error message:

RSTObjectNotFound: host2

from RSTBroker>>objectFor: aRemoteObjectID ifRemote: aSelector

Any ideas?

Noury