[squeak-dev] UbiquiTalk

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:17:28 UTC 2010

On 8/30/10, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> I'm porting UbiquiTalk to Squeak 4.1 and running into a problem.  I've been
> talking to Noury Bouraqadi about it and am posting the progress here in case
> anyone has any input.  I'm attaching a screenshot, and can provide the
> images, but right now the load process is not documented.
> http://forum.world.st/file/n2400261/Screen_shot_2010-08-30_at_August_30%2C_2010_10.57.55_AM.png
> Screen_shot_2010-08-30_at_August_30%2C_2010_10.57.55_AM.png

Looks neat

Is this the project you are going for?

http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/UbiquiTalk

Hannes

UbiquiTalk is an open P2P platform that supports automatic peer
discovery without requiring any infrastructure. Hence, UbiquiTalk can
be used either within a network infrastructure or an adhoc network
(e.g. Wifi).

UbiquiTalk has been implemented on top of Squeak. It relies on rST
(Remote Smalltalk) for remote message sending. Regarding host
discovery, We used IP Group Multicast. Therefore, UbiquiTalk can be
used through the Internet.