[squeak-dev] [ANN] FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha ready for improve with a little help of friends and complain by foes

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:27:25 UTC 2010

On 8/31/10 9:31 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for this informal report. An answer to just one point before
> I go to lunch.
> I just did run a reduced image with a MSWindows Cog VM, see
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-August/153026.html

As "reduced image" your have SqueakLight3 which do not load again downloaded
packages and can load MultiMediaMonticello (old ProcustesEnd).
You could forget some other differences by now.
Maybe I should put again a older one into Experiments and you see the
updated steps.
I wish have not only Monticello , but also .cs via Utilities
applyUpdatesFromDisk.
Here you could test image with your own different code and send later to
some place...

The real challenge is not build a big image (Etoys, Croquet, Seaside) or
Fun, MuO, BabyIDe starting from rgular trunk.

It's if we could do using smaller/modular like Pavel, Juan, mines , others
(SqueakCore PharoCore iPhone.image of John is a nicer one for start)

We should have the goal of unload one or more packages of 4.2...

Edgar