[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-users] TIFF support.

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Aug 31 14:47:01 UTC 2010

Hi George,

>Snip...
>Failures are caused by
>"isByteSwapped" which returns true on my linux machine, while I think
>it supposed to return false on Mac (is it true?). And I think this is
>somehow related to another bug I've faced. I mean colours mismatch,
>which I failed to fix. I'll try to build the plugin on windows to see
>if this behaviour is really platform related. But I would appreciate
>any help.

This sounds like a big-endian vs. little-endian problem.  I think old
PowerPC Macs were big-endian and the new Intel Macs are little-endian.  The
method must be checking the OS or something like that and getting the
endian nature wrong.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.